Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Why so GROUCHY???


We continued our learning of insects last week, with a focus on LADYBUGS.  After reading many non-fiction texts on these fiery creatures, we read the fictional book by Eric Carle "The Grouchy Ladybug".
Click on the link below for a reading of "The Grouchy Ladybug"...
We created a story map of the book:
We also read "The Ladybug Girl"

Playing the review games in our groups...


We also had some fun talking about what makes us GROUCHY....the students wrote what makes them grouchy, and then gave their best GROUCHY FACE...here's a look!!!
"It makes me grouchy when my sister screams, when my dog barks, and when my mom screams."
"It makes me grouchy when I get in trouble, and when I get hot."
"It makes me grouchy when my brother gets me mad."
"It makes me grouchy when my brother takes my toys, and when someone takes my spot on the couch, and when somebody takes my t.v."
"It makes me grouchy when my brother bothers me, and when I get grounded."
"It makes me grouchy when my sister is mean and when my dog barks at me, and when my mom yells at me."
"It makes me grouchy when my game loses in my iPod touch."
"It makes me grouchy when I have to wake up early in the morning and when I have to go to the grocery store."
"It makes me grouchy when my brother fights me, and when I don't take a nap, and when I get out of something."
"It makes me grouchy when I don't get a new toy, and when I stay up too late, and when I don't feel good."
"It makes me grouchy when my brother annoys me, and when my dog barks loud and when my neighbor's dog barks loud."
"It makes me grouchy when my sister doesn't let me in her room and when my brother doesn't let me play the Xbox."
"It makes me grouchy when my sister makes fun of me and when my friends won't let me ride their scooter."
"It makes me grouchy when my sister comes in my bed, and when she bothers me, and when she talks a lot."

In math, we are learning all about nonstandard units of measurement...we had TONS of fun measuring different objects in the classroom using both cubes and paperclips...here's a look!!!
Measuring the folder box
Measuring the clock
Measuring the marker organizer
Measuring Raymond!!!
Measuring Juliette!!!
Measuring the TEACHER!!!  (90 cubes long...lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Notes for the teacher!!!;)